Tuesday, August 23, 2016

SugarPea Sweet Peek Day 2



Welcome to day 2 of SugarPea Designs sweet peek! With fall just around the corner, I am sure you're expecting some fall related set, right? Well, for today, we're excited to show you Lovely Leaves stamp set along with its coordinating dies.




Now. I have to admit that fall cards are my least favorite card to make, simply because I was struggling with the fall colors. I find them a bit depressing sometime. I know, I know, how could it be, right? What can I say, I love bright, happy colors. 

Anyhooo.... I was struggling when I was working on this card. I already stamped all the leaves and I just was not feeling it. Then, I start browsing Pinterest and saw some graphic design where they add blue/teal to the fall color combo. I was immediately, that's it!! That's what I need. A pretty, light, blue color to liven up my card. Somehow that light color makes all the difference in my color world.

And, I got even giddier when Wendy created one of the banner for this release using this card! The very card that I was struggling with!

Would you like to win the Lovely Leaves stamp set? Easy peasy. All you need to do is leave a comment on the SPD blog.You have all week to comment! Winners during our Fall Product Release will be announced on Sunday, August 28th.

The sweet peas team has created some fun inspiration for you using the products we are introducing today. Visit each of their blogs and leave a sweet comment for them, giving you an extra entry to win today's giveaway prize. Visit the SPD blog for details and for a list of participating designers. Come back tomorrow for more fabulousness.

21 comments:

Amy Rohl said...

Vera, ths is so soft and beautiful! I love your style and all of your designs!!

Kim A. said...

This is just so pretty. I love all the leaves!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!! I would have never guessed you had a hard time with fall themed cards. :)

Sue D said...

Very pretty. I like the addition of the blue/teal color.

Michele K. Henderson said...

This is amazing! What an unusual color combination--almost like citrus colors! I LOVE it!

Unknown said...

Lovely card! I like the blue.

Lisa Lara said...

Such beautiful color Vera!

Karen B. said...

Such a beautiful card!

Deeps said...

Your card is so beautiful and simple. Love the colors.

Dana said...

Love the fall leaves!! So pretty!!!

Celeste Goff said...

Vera, this card is beyond gorgeous and so beautifully put together!

Unknown said...

The colors are so soft, this is beautiful

MaggieB1983 said...

Hi Vera ~ Your card is lovely and, quite frankly, it comforts me to know that people with your talent sometimes struggle too!! Your card is beautiful and the touches of blue add a comforting element. Love it! Come visit the NE USA in the fall....our colors are STUNNING, bright and just might leave you breathless!! *wink* ~HUGS~

Arianna Barbara said...

Wow! Beautiful card and sentiment!!! I love so much the soft colours you used! <3

Danielle Vincent said...

Beautiful! Love the way you layered the leaves and still kept the design quite CAS!

Mary Holshouser said...

Love the bouquet of leaves.
An elegant card.
thanks for sharing.

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous fall card! Love the beautiful sentiment and the lovely colors!

Beverly Perdue said...

What a great idea to add a pop of teal to the leaves! That's the beauty of crafting -- that we get to be creative. Beautiful card!

I Card Everyone said...

If I hadn't read that you'd struggled, Vera, it surely wouldn't be evident here! LOve the sentiment, and every single leave...
=]

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Your leaves turned out so pretty. Pinterest is the best when you need that little boost of inspiration. Thanks for sharing your story.

Sue Smith said...

Vera, your card is so striking. I like the bouquet of leaves you created. Thanks for sharing :)

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...