Saturday, May 17, 2014

Bold & Graphic Design

So, it's time for the 2014 Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Gallery Idol. I decided to try my luck and throw my hat into the ring.

The open audition theme is to create card using washi tape. So, after some thinking I decided to go with bold, graphic design with a little hint of gold.


I used Recollection washi tape collection and adhere them diagonally. To keep the line evenly in between, I laid a short piece of washi tape at each end and use that as my guide on where to lay the next tape and just keep repeating the step. Yep, this whole card was made with no ruler whatsoever! Simply hold the tape taut when you adhere them and you'll get a straight line.

To create the diamond pattern, where ever the tape overlaid one another, I gently use a knife to cut & lift up  the pieces to reveal the black background. And, for added visual interest, I kind of move around some of the colored washi tape diamond.

I think all in all it took me about 90 minutes to complete this whole card. It did take a while to cut those little pieces carefully as to not cut the cardstock itself, but the result makes me happy. 

Now, crossing my fingers and wait. Enjoy your weekend, everyone. 





8 comments:

Aileen said...

Ling, wonderful card. So eye catching and you must have such a good eye for straight. No ruler, unbelievable, it looks so perfect.

Trina said...

That is a very cool card!

Shona Chambers said...

An incredible card and definitely a winner!!

Arlene said...

Incredibly time consuming and love the bold graphics.

Susan F. said...

I love it. Great for a mans' card in my opinion.

Jingle said...

This is absolutely amazing! So beautifully well done!

Kristie Goulet said...

Congratulations on your win with this amazing card!

Dawn T said...

A stunning card. Congrats on making the Top 20. Looking forward to your next card!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...