Sunday, October 20, 2013

Dreaming Always of You

You know what... for the last few post of my blog post, I've been wondering why the heck my blog pics looked so different than the way they look on my Photoshop program. Today, I was about fed up and was going to uninstall my Photoshop program and re-install thinking that maybe my program has gone wonky.

Good thing that I decided to google the issue beforehand and found out that it wasn't me. Hah... So, apparently when you upload your picture to blogger  blogger automatically upload your picture to Picasa and auto-enhanced it. And, when they do that the picture tend to looks splotchy and grayish.

Apparently there's some simple step you can do. I found my answer from Peek & Ponder blog. So, if you've been having issue with your blog pictures, do these simple step an uncheck the auto-enhanced option.

Now, that my pictures back to looking normal, I feel better at sharing my projects knowing it looks the way it should look. :)

I am making this card for Moxie Fab challenge to use general craft supply. I found this plain wooden bird at Michael's and make it look all pretty by transferring the patterned paper pattern to it. The pretty patterned paper is from Simple Stories.


I cover the bird with mod podge and do the same to the patterned paper. Adhere the patterned paper to the bird and let it dry over night. The next day, I soak the bird in water and gently rub away the patterned paper till it's very last layer that stick to the bird. I then stamped the sentiment once the bird dry.

I kind of like this technique. It's fun. 

Well, that's it for me. I need to take care of my ol'd lady, my pug, Ollie. She is over 15 years old and 2 weeks ago the vet found out she has gal bladder on top of already pretty bad arthritis. Hubby and I have some tough periods coming up and most likely will have a very tough decision to make. However at this moment, we're still trying to do as much as we can. Hoping and praying that the medications will help her.

Ollie is my baby. I have her since she was only 8 weeks old and she's been my loyal companion through so many stages of my life. She kept me going, kept me sane when I went through really bad time. She loves me and I love her. For me, all my dogs are my babies. The one I lost, I still think of them, one in particular is Milo, who I lost when he was only slightly over 2 years old. The sentiment, "dreaming always of you" still ringing true for me.

So sorry... didn't mean to ramble into my doggies situation, but it just something that been weighed heavily on my mind. I know many of you are dog lovers and understand what I am feeling and going through. All I can do is pray and wait. Hoping for miracle. 

Have a blessed Sunday everyone.

3 comments:

Trinh said...

I love how you created the bird, Vera! Very cool technique.

I'm so sorry to hear about Ollie. I know how much she means to you and it's never easy to watch the one you love suffer.

Mary-Anne V said...

Very sweet card. Sorry to hear about your Ollie.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Vera! Thanks for linking this up to the General Craft Supplies Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...