Monday, February 18, 2013

Fairy Magic

Happy Monday. I am lucky that this past weekend I get to spend it with some stamping friends. Trinh Arietta & Lisa Alonzo came over and we spent the whole Saturday chatting & stamping. It's always such a treat when we're able to get together, because my close friends doesn't do stamping at all. So, it's nice when you have someone who can share your excitement over new stamp sets or technique, etc.

Trinh stayed with me and we spent the first night chatting and since it was PTI release day, hah.. of course we squeeze in time to place an order. It's fun because we can bounce off our ideas or talk each other out from ordering something that we might only use once or twice. Like, I almost order a flower set that I think is pretty (but I always struggle with flower stamp) and Trinh said yeah, I could see you using it once. And, thanks to her I ended up ordering something else that I will definitely use more often.

And... it's always feel like shopping spree because we can check out each other stamp collection and try out the sets that we don't have or maybe have thought to buy. Thanks to Lisa, now I know for sure I like the ikat print pattern that is such a trend right now. And Trinh is so awesome she let me borrow some of her sets. I simply love my weekend. Now, if only they live closer so we can get together more often!! :)

Oh yeah.... I do have a card to share with you. After all, it's clear stamp release time at Some Odd Girl. Let me introduce you to Fairy Magic. There's just something about fairy images that I love. 

This card came together pretty quick. Love it when it happened. And, yep, I fussy cut this fairy and let the wings hang off the edge of the card. Fussy cutting is relaxing for me. What about you? Do you like fussy cut?

Check out Some Odd Girl for more samples from this new release. That's it for me today and have a fabulous Monday, peeps!

2 comments:

Susan F. said...

I love this adorable card. I do like the extra dimension of the fussy-cut technique.

Annette Allen said...

Vera this is GORGEOUS..

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...