Thursday, August 11, 2011

You Rock!

Yes, you rock! Seriously, the card making industry is seriously filled with nice people. I want to thank everyone so much for your cheers & encouragement regarding my news on designing for PSA Essentials. From here, to twitter, email, and Facebook, thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing my excitement. I am very touched by everyone kind words. All I can say is thank you.

Okay, before I get all sappy, let's move on to card, shall we? Today, we have a new fun challenge at Some Odd Girl blog which is "Complimentary Color Challenge"! Your choice on the pair but the scheme must be complimentary. Not sure what that is? Its two colors opposite on the color wheel. Like Yellow and Purple. You can use different shades but they must be complimentary and in that set. That doesn't count for skin and hair colors.





Here's my card using yellow-green and red-violet. This is for all of you, because you all ROCK!! :) For this super fun color combo, I decided to use Punk Kaylee. I love her cute look and I thought a bit of pink on the hair would make her looks more rock-n-roll. What do you think? 



I am so inspired by the fabulous girls on SOG team. Their coloring skill is just amazing. Check  them out and see it for yourself. Find the fabulous cards by the girls HERE.

And, in case you didn't know, I posted some of my old Stampin' Up! sets for sale. Check out the tab on top that say "FOR SALE". If you know anyone who  might be interested please pass it on. They maybe old set, but they're barely used and I do take really good care of my stamps. Thanks for the help. :)

Have a wonderful day everyone.

6 comments:

Jen Cuthbertson said...

What a cute card and congrats on your new DT gig!

Amy said...

Fabulous card for the challenge Vera! The CAS design is so effective in really letting Kaylee shine... just awesome! :)

Elena said...

Vera, simply fab project!! The colours are so concentrate and full of color that... it totally rocks the theme! Kaylee is perfect for this chromatic choice, this little rocker girl is unbelievable! ANd your colouring too.

Hugs,
Elena

Cor* said...

This is soooooooooooo perfectly CAS!! love it !

Laurel Beard said...

What a fun challenge! And you totally rocked it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah Rice said...

perfect on the colors! fabulous CAS!

Glimmering Buttercups

 Hi there. As fans of hot foiling, I am excited that I get to play with the new Spellbinders Glimmering Buttercup Glimmer Plate & Stenci...