Friday, August 12, 2011

Create Stamping

This past Wednesday afternoon I received a happy mail that I've been waiting for for awhile. It's from Northridge Publication and it contained this magazine and some compensation goodies. Yay... 


This is my first publication with them and here's a look of my card in there.


After this one I haven't had much luck with my submissions to them. But, like Dori  from Finding Nemo said... keep on swimming, keep on swimming...  (now is that mantra stuck in your head?? LOL, cause it's been stuck in my head lately). Yes, I will keep on submitting and hopefully will get lucky again.

I also have a card to share with you. This week Tammy the owner of A Day For Daisies let the DT pick whichever image we want from the store and I chose this sweet image called "Mum Fairy". I love how ADFD image has that soft and delicate look and yes, the angel and fairy ones are some of my favorite.



The gorgeous ribbon is from May Arts  from their solid wrinkle ribbon collection HERE. To create the soft coloring I used ZIG Clean Brushable markers (watercolor marker), except for the vine & the haird, I used Copic. I do like to mix and match color medium. The edges of the die is distressed with distress ink. 

That's it for  today and I'll be back tomorrow with new challenge from Wee Memories. Enjoy your day and stay cool!

PS: Almost forgot, hubby picked the random winner for the Paper Crafts magazine. I wrote down all the name and the lucky gals is..... Laurel B! Congrats Laurel!! 

8 comments:

joy said...

Yes, I saw your beautiful card in this publication - congratulations! It caught my eye right away and I love the masking and the soft colors you used. I'm sure you will have more cards published in the future - your style is fabulous and your work impeccable.

Tanya said...

Congrats on the publication!!

Wendy said...

Keep on swimming...that card is gorgeous, congratulations.

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesomeness!!! Congrats dearie!!!

Judy1223 said...

Yay! What a wonderful thing to receive in the mail! Congratulations on your first publication with Northridge...I'm sure it won't be the last! Your card is so soft, subtle and pretty...and all Hero Arts stamps which are also wonderful! Congrats...and yes, "Just keep swimming..."
Judy

Chelsea said...

Great job. Congrats. Well deserved!

Laurel Beard said...

WOO HOO! Congrats with your first publication. Many more to follow i am sure. I was published once, August last year.... And then kept trying for several months until I gave up. Like your just keep swimming! You are right! I find I am much happier when I am not submitting, but your talent is way to good to not be in print so you best keep at it!! ANd yea, Laurel B. That's me! YIPPEE! So excited! THANK YOU!!!!

Alice said...

congrats on the pub, Vera!! fabulous colors and stamping! beautiful cards!

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...