Monday, June 20, 2011

Sew Excited

As I mentioned on my post earlier today, I pair up with Kelly this week to get our mojo back. Well, I am happy to report that by doing this CAS challenge with Kelly I could feel my creativity coming back. This is why I love our card making community. The people that I  met trough this hobby are simply awesome.

This evening I play quite a bit and I am so excited that I get to finish a card for Moxie Fab World I'm Sew Excited challenge. The daughter of a dear friend of mine just graduated from high school and is going to fashion design school and I wanted to make a card to congratulate her.


I had lots of fun making this card. The dress form was cut using Silhouette. Now the fun part. According to Glamour magazine lacy dress is a trend at the moment, so I figured it would be fun to create one. To create the dress, I colored a regular white doily, layered and cut it to follow the dress form. The result a classy looking dress, no?

I am entering this card for Paper Crafts Gallery Idol as well. I made it to the Top 5 last year and it was such an unforgettable experience. It was lots of fun and stressful at the same time (but it's worth it). The girls would chat till late at night and we all would wake up super early just to see if we made it or not, and we cheered on each other.  The friendship you gained through it... priceless. :)

Thank you all for stopping by. Hugs.

6 comments:

chillin with Quillin said...

very nice, she will love it, good luck !!!
Paula

stampingandstitching said...

Wow your dress is so pretty and romantic looking, Vera! The colour is fab and I love your use of the doily! I'm sure your friend's daughter will love it!

~amy~ said...

perfect...I love it.

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Vera! Thanks for linking this up to the I'm Sew Excited! challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm "sew" glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Chari Moss said...

Oh wow! you made it into the top 5 last year! That's amazing. I have entered a few cards but there are so many I am not getting my hopes up. This card is just lovely by the way. I like the simpleness and the ruler at the bottom is fab!

Karen B. said...

I agree, the friendships are priceless! Good luck this year with Idol, Vera, you are totally deserving.

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...