Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hero Arts Day

Like, I promised yesterday, today is dedicated to another of my favorite company, Hero Arts. Their stamps were some of the very first stamps I owned when I first started stamping back in 1996. And the people in their Flickr group are some of the nicest people I know. I met several good stamping buddies from there.

So, for today's card I am showing you one of my go to stamp from Hero Arts, the poppy flowers. Seriously, this is one of my favorite. As soon as I saw it, I saw my name written all over it! LOL. Love at first sight with this stamp.

Made this card for the current Hero Arts challenge and for Catered Crop FTR # 7. Part of the recipe that I follow is using stripe pattern paper, flowers stamp, Copic markers, and spring/Birthday theme.  

Challenges:
Simon Says Stamp - Anything Goes
Copic Creations - complimentary colours
Simply Create - power of flowers

I had so much fun making this one, I thought I share how I did the panel part. How to:
1. Cut a small panel and stamp the Friendship text background using Memento Soft Sky.
2. Stamp the flowers and colored it with Copic markers.
3. Using exacto knife, I cut a straight line in between the flower stems about 1/3 from the top. Be careful not to cut the stem. Then fussy cut the rest of the flower above the straight line. Hope this make sense. Color the rest of the panel background with chalks.
4. Cut a panel from purple cardstock and layer it with the flower panel.
5. Punch a  couple butterflies. Cut a small piece of acetate and glue the butterfly in front and on the back of the acetate. That way when people look from the back, it has a clean, professional finish.
6. Attach the acetate to the back of the purple panel and attach the whole thing to the card base.
7. Add glitters.


Yep, definitley love this poppy flowers stamp. It just so pwertttyyy. :)

Let me know what you think, will you. Thank you so much for stopping by and happy Ash Wednesday. Have a blessed day....

19 comments:

Virginia L. said...

Amazing cutting! Beautiful card this is!

Lin said...

WOW! Vera, this is a terrific card - LOVE the way the flowers are floating!!

Anette said...

This is SUCH a masterpiece, I adore it! The yellow poppies just scream sun and spring at me, and I sooo need that now!! Thanks for explaining the process, lots of work, but well woth it when this is the result!!

Nancy said...

Oh my goodness, Vera, you totally amaze me with your creativity! I love how that butterfly appears to be hovering above the card...the little piece of acetate is brilliant! This is truly gorgeous and all sorts of clever, love it!
blessings!

Lisa said...

I really like how you used the acetate to bring the flowers off your card! You are putting thoughts in my head for the future! :) Beautiful card, Vera.

Kelly said...

Love how the flowers stick off the card. Very cool and clever!

Linda McClain said...

Oh my goodness gracious gravy! I'm just stunned. It's an amazing, amazing card. The acetate for the butterfly is genius! Thank you for sharing it with us at Catered Crop and for playing along.

Ren-Yi said...

i like the visual effect with the acetate. super slick idea :) beautiful coloring too!

Ayana Posadas said...

Beautiful flowers, Vera! I love how they stick off the card. What a wonderful design!

Cassie_lu said...

This card is amazing. I love how the flower extend above the top of the card and the "floating" butterfly is a perfect touch.

Jay Gee said...

Brilliant design layout Vera! I love the flowers.

Yvette said...

Wow amazing! Love the acetate thing, it's seems like the butterfly is realy flying!

Barb said...

Love those "floating" poppies, Vera! What a fun card! Pretty colors too!

Alice said...

wow! amazing fuzzy cutting on the image, Vera! beautiful design, too. gorgeous card!

Arlene said...

Beautiful - looks like your butterfly is flying free.

donna mikasa said...

Absolutely stunning card, Vera! I did a double take when I saw the "floating" butterfly! Great use of acetate! Love this!

Melinda Gleissner said...

Exquisite!!! I admire your patience in cutting the details. Your card is truly a work of art.
(it was love at first sight for me as well when I saw this stamp).

Rachel Hope said...

Gorgeous! Love how the flowers stick out the top! Thanks for playing along at Catered Crop!

Mandy said...

Oh wow Vera this is stunning, so elegant, well done you with that fussy cutting looks fab hun.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...