Thursday, January 14, 2010

Monochromatic green

Lucy's challenge really get me going with the monochromatic theme. There's something to be said about using monochromatic color. It just looks pretty. So, I made 1 more monochromatic color card.

As I continue to use up my scraps, guess what I found. My old vellum. A few years ago, using vellum was the trend. This scrap is at least about 10 years old. Hah... I've been scrapbooking since '96, so this scrap was part of my beginner years. :)

Vellum always fun to use, especially for wing related items. They create the soft and elegant look. And talking about old stuff, the stamp I used is from Magenta. Not sure if the company still around, but I remember in early 2000 I used to find their stuff at the scrapbook expo, etc.

How to:
1. Using Cuttlebug, I dry embossed the vellum paper for background. Attached to card. I only glued the part that's behind the circle.
2. Cut a circle from soft green cardstock and stamped with the old writing. I used Versamark olive green ink.
2. Attached the 1st circle to the scallop circle.
3. Attached a strip of ribbon before you attched the circles.
4.For the dragonfly, stamped it twice on a piece of vellum, cut both stamped image following the shape. Glued one of top of one another, to create dimension. Only glued the body part and creaed the wing part so it looks like it flutters.
5. Stamped greeting and add button. Voila... you're done.

I might have to give the vellum more try. It was fun to be able to use old stuff for something new. Thank you all for stopping by and please leave a comment while you're here. Hugs..., Vera.

1 comment:

Dwita said...

Vera, this is so pretty... I love it...

Just For Fun

Hi friends. This year, I definitely been making more cards for fun and not for assignment. I am making a conscious effort to use sets that I...