Sunday, September 6, 2009

Taylored Expression Birthday Bash

Exciting time at Taylored Expression this weekend! To celebrate their one year anniversary they hosted an all day event with 13 challenges that you can enter to win some cool prizes. For detail please check their blog here.

They have some really fun challenges. I decided to combine several of the challenges into 1 card. This is the card that I came up with.

I followed the skecth provided by Laura. Then I did the butterfly using the paper tole challenge by Dawn. This is where you stamped the image 3 times, cut and popped the image a couple times with pop dots. I use my thin pop dots as I don't want my card to get too bulky.  The overall soft colors is inspired by Sharon Harnist challenge.

There you go 3 challenges in one. I did use button and inked the edges of the white cardstock for some distressing (these are two other challenges), but for the button challenge you have to use at least 3 buttons and I just think 3 buttons would be too much for this  card. And for the distressing, I don't think there's enough distressing on this card to be consider for that challenge. :)

Well, I don't know if I can do all 13 challenges. 3 down 10 more to go. If you'd like to join you still have plenty of time. You can win prizes for each challenge! Enjoy the rest of your labor day weekend!!

2 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Vera, your butterfly is gorgeous! I really like the colours you used!! Thanks for playing along with my paper tole challenge!

Sharon Harnist said...

Love the colors you used from my challenge, Vera -- beautiful butterfly card!

Glimmering Buttercups

 Hi there. As fans of hot foiling, I am excited that I get to play with the new Spellbinders Glimmering Buttercup Glimmer Plate & Stenci...